This course covers introduction to WHMIS, purpose of WHMIS/transition, hazard classifications and symbols, WHMIS labels, safety data sheets (SDS), responsibilities, purpose of education and training, fire safety/prevention, avoiding hazards, and stages of fire.
LEARNING OBJECTIVE / GOALS:
• Learn the meaning of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
• Learn the classes of hazardous materials and their effects
• Learn how to read and interpret WMIS Materials Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
• Learn how to read and interpret standardized WHMIS labeling, marking and other identification methods
• Learn appropriate emergency responses for a variety of hazardous materials
• Learn how to improve safe working conditions and safe work practices
OUTCOME (Certificate, etc.)A certificate course renewed every three years.
#203, 9080 - 25 Avenue SW, Edmonton, AB T6X 2H4